We will be on a campground at Catalina Island. The terrain is mostly dirt, and there is limited electricity. Also, you most likely will NOT get cell phone reception there, but there is a payphone you can use.
You should be able to carry all of your belongings with your two hands. From the boat, we’ll be walking up a long dirt pathway to our cabins. So, pack simply and lightly.
What to Bring
Important: The camp does NOT provide pillows or blankets! Bring your own pillow, blankets, sleeping bags, etc!
- clothes for the weekend
- a warm sweatshirt or light jacket for the ocean breeze
- sleeping bag
- pillow (pack into your bag or with your sleeping bag)
- flashlight (there is no electricity in the cabins)
- reusable water bottle
- toiletries (shampoo, deodorant, toothbrush, toothpaste, contact solution, sunscreen, etc.)
- any necessary medications (give meds that need refrigeration to the camp office for safekeeping)
Optional Things to Bring
- athletic shoes (if you want to play bball, hike, etc.)
- flip flops for shower or water sports
- notebook for journaling and taking notes
- coffee thermos
- medication you need
- cash for snack shop, soda machine, payphone
What NOT to Bring
- electronics – Remember, not much electricity. There aren’t many outlets to charge things.
- alcohol, knives, or anything similar. Otherwise we will confiscate them for the weekend.