We will be on a campground at Catalina Island. The terrain is mostly dirt, and there is limited electricity. Also, you most likely will NOT get cell phone reception there, but there is a payphone you can use.
You should be able to carry all of your belongings with your two hands. From the boat, we’ll be walking up a long dirt pathway to our cabins. So, pack simply and light.
What to Bring
Important: The camp does NOT provide pillows or blankets! Bring your own pillow, blankets, sleeping bags, etc!
- clothes for the weekend
- a warm sweatshirt or light jacket for the ocean breeze
- sleeping bag
- pillow (pack into your bag or with your sleeping bag)
- flashlight (there is no electricity in the cabins)
- reusable water bottle
- toiletries (shampoo, deodorant, toothbrush, toothpaste, contact solution, sunscreen, etc.)
- any necessary medications (give meds that need refrigeration to the camp office for safekeeping)
Optional Things to Bring
- athletic shoes (if you want to play basketball, hike, etc.)
- flip flops for shower or water sports
- notebook for journaling and taking notes
- coffee thermos
- over the counter medication you may need (advil, etc.)
- cash for snack shop, soda machine, payphone
What NOT to Bring
- laptops/tablet/other electronics (not many outlets to charge things)
- alcohol & other substances (we aim to create a distraction free environment for the weekend)
- knives or any other weapons